1. Networking isn’t reaching-out to contacts only when you need a new job.
2. Sending a handwritten note is incredibly more effective than an e-mail.
3. Stress isn’t having 5 college mid-terms in 2 days. Growing a career and family is.
4. You have to “walk the decks” to truly connect with your staff.
5. Bro hugs don’t convey strength and presence. A firm handshake does.
6. Loosening your tie and unbuttoning your collar doesn’t make you look sporty or casual. It makes you look drunk.
7. Children are the most glorious headache I’ve ever had.
8. I’m not better than anyone…but no one is better than me.
9. I’ve made countless mistakes in my life, but I’m lucky to have self-awareness to know that they were mistakes.
10. People work for people, not companies.