I talk about a career spent making people and organizations better. Passion, energy, persistence and encouragement is what I bring to each day, each opportunity. Helping people and organizations become who and what they were meant to be forms the foundation of the services I offer.
I’m a Penn Stater, a Nittany Lion. An August baby, a Leo. Leos are symbolized by the lion. Lions symbolize wisdom, power, royalty, courage, dominion and authority. Lions stand up, stand out. They claim and defend their territory. So should you.
Whether you’re launching your brand for the first time in your career or the next time, you need to define, claim and own your space in a crowded marketplace. With me, you have a Leo on your side, helping you stand up and stand out. Among the personal brand building services I offer are these:
- Defining your brand DNA
- Crystallizing your brand position
- Developing core messaging plans
- Building a contact and communications strategy
- Building go-to-market “launch” plans
- Creating your on-line brand
- Ongoing brand management
You can choose one or more of a series of packaged services, each with a fixed, not-to-exceed price. Or, elect an ongoing program of brand development and tutelage; pricing is set according to frequency and volume of sessions. I follow a linear process of introspection and “extrospection” to help you define, build and market your brand. By engaging me, you’re going to work. You’ll have tough questions to answer and deadline-driven assignments to complete…but you’ll see it’ll be worth it.
As my career progressed and I gained some wisdom and perspective, I’ve gotten more involved with helping organizations succeed. I have been a member of multiple advisory boards and planning initiatives that have covered areas such as the following:
- University planning
- On-line learning
- Athletic marketing
- Student development
- University course accreditation
- Customer experience.
I’ve chaired board committees and sub-committees, committing personal time to issues of importance to me. I’m available for advisory duties for organizations with products, services and missions that align with my personal brand and enable me to make a difference.
- College and Universities: I’m passionate about and drawn to helping colleges and universities with their efforts in helping them assist students in becoming who they were meant to be.
- Corporate and Start-up: Sometimes, companies need recurring third-party, objective leadership. To meet quarterly to review business plans, results, strategies. To provide guidance for their growth. If the fit is good between us, then count me in.
- Local/Community Non-Profits: I’m not just a corporate executive and leader. I’m a husband and father and a member of my local and regional community. I’m interested in organizations that are committed to improving life and opportunities for the people around me.
My approach to speaking is simple: be authentic, be passionate and deliver a message with relevance, certainty, simplicity.
- Understanding: I develop a strategy brief to define audience interests and needs; that brief drives what becomes a tight, substantive, poignant message.
- Content Strategy: My intent is to quickly “arrest” an audience, hold them, then transfer information to make them personally and professionally better.
- Engagement: I talk-fast, talk-straight, use humor and examples, involve the audience.
I’ve gone solo with stage-based discussions for large audiences and participated in intimate panel discussions. I’ve engaged students, peers, young professionals and the media. I’ve guest-lectured and emceed. For consideration, there needs to be goodness-of-fit and alignment with my brand, beliefs and areas of expertise.
- I’m comfortable in small and large settings.
- I can do room and stage walkabouts or podium-based presentations.
- Holding a mic is great; using a lavalier is better; being hands-free allows me to better engage audiences with energy and authenticity.
- I’ve encountered technical difficulties and can adapt and pivot easily.
I can comfortably speak with authority on the following topics:
- Building and marketing your personal brand
- Personal and professional development
- Building a life and career
- Executive leadership
- Marketing leadership and strategy
- Digital marketing transformation
- Customer experience
- Managerial courage
- Corporate and employee communications
- Crisis communications
Great outcomes begin with a conversation.
Contact me today to learn more about how I can help you or your organization.